Frequently Asked Questions
Don’t see the answer to your question below? Contact us:
Who is this woman in the watermark looking at me?
Magu is the Goddess of hemp and healing… Throughout China, Japan, and Korea, Magu (or Ma Gu MaKu, Mako) is depicted as a beautiful woman. Her beauty is a symbol of the health and healing of the universe she is believed to protect. She is a guardian of vitality not only in the world of mortals but also the cycles of the earth.…and she’ll be accompanying you throughout this FAQ experience.
What does broad spectrum mean?
All the good things you get from a plant, the good things that come from a wide range of cannabinoids, terpenes, antioxidants, nutrients and other plant compounds present in the hemp plant. It can provide a greater effect than CBD alone as all the cannabinoids work together, as nature intended, in what is known as the Entourage Effect. A recent study from Israel has documented the superior therapeutic properties of whole-plant (broad spectrum) cannabis extract over single-molecule (isolated) cannabidiol (CBD).
The idea that the hemp plant’s best health effects come from all of its components working together. This includes hemp’s cannabinoids, such as CBD as well as other parts, such as terpenes and flavonoids.
- BR. J. Parmacol. 2011 Aug; 163(7): 1344-1364. Taming THC: Potential Cannabis Synergy and Phytocannabinoid-Terpenoid Entourage Effects. E. B. Brusso.
- Gallily, R., Yekhtin, Z. and Hanus, L.O. (2015) Overcoming the Bell-Shaped Dose – Response of Cannabidiol by Using Cannabis Extract Enriched in Cannabidiol.
What is CBD?
Is it legal?
What about product certification, extraction methods, sourcing and THC levels?
The broad spectrum hemp we use is ORGANICALLY SOURCED. We found a source that goes the extra mile to ensure safety and quality. Our source never uses harmful gasses, solvents or heat to process and extract our oil. Solvent-based processing methods strip the plant of the true therapeutic power and creates degradation of the vitamins, minerals and therapeutic cannabinoids…the plants true potential.
Our oil uses a patented, proprietary, cold-pressed extraction method to cold-press industrial hemp, which we in turn use to create all our artesian offering. We want to provide our customers confidence knowing they are getting the purest, cleanest product grown and processed in the USA.
Our offerings are non-psychoactive, derived from 100% industrial grade hemp and harvested with non-detectable levels of THC with lab testing at under 0.003%.
How does it work?
What are the benefits of CBD?
CBD has been the subject of many peer reviewed medical studies in regard to various aspects of human health. However, due to DSHEA (Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994) guidelines, we cannot specifically state conditions CBD may address. We encourage you to do your own research, consult with healthcare providers familiar with CBD, and use PubMed.gov as a resource as newly published research is coming out in real time.
- Phytotherapy Research 27 No. 5(2013): 633-636, Cannibidiol in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Authors: G. Esposito, D.D. Filippis, C. Cirillo, T. Luvone, E. Cappocia, C. Scuderi, A. Steardo, R. Cuomo, L. Steardo.
- Journal of the American College of Cardiology 56 No. 25 (Dec. 14, 2010): 2115, Cannibidiol Attenuates Cardiac Dysfunction, Oxidative Stress, Fibrosis, Inflammatory and Cell Death Signaling Pathways in Diabetic Cardiomyopathy.Authors: M. Rajesh, et al.
- Neuropharmacology 103 (2016): 16, Cannabidiol Induces Rapid-Acting Antidepressant-like Effects and Enhances Cortical 5-HT/Glutamate Neurotransmission: Role of 5-HTIA Receptors.Authors: R. Linge, L. Jimenez-Sanchez, L. Campa, F. Pilar-Cuellar, R. Vidal, A. Pazos, A. Adell Diaz.
- CNS Neurol Disorders—Drug Targets13 No. 6 (2014): 953-960, Antidepressant-like and Anxiolytic-like Effects of Cannabidiol: a Chemical Compound of Cannabis sativa. Authors: A.R. de Mello Schier, N.P. de Oliveria Riberio, D.S. Coutinho, S. Machado, et al.
- British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 75 No. 2(May 25, 2012): 323-333,Cannabidiol for Neurogenerative Disorders: Important New Clinical Applications for this Phytocannabinoid?Authors: J. Fernandez-Ruiz, O. Sagredo, M.R. Pazos, C. Garcia, R. Pertwee, R. Mechoulam, J. Martinez-Orgado.